Thursday, September 9, 2010

What I like


I do not know very many artists by name but rather by their work. I have always liked Frida Kahlo for the colors and the emotions she displays in her artwork. I am really interested in pieces that, just by looking at them, I can feel some of the emotions the artist was trying to portray. I am also very drawn to colors and shapes. The other day, a friend was showing me some work by Basquiat, which I thought was pretty amazing. Another type of art that has really interested me is Gunther von Hagens Body Worlds exhibition. His piece with the pregnant woman is my favorite. I am fairly open to most types of art. I cannot understand pieces with a blank canvas and a dot in the middle, for example. I like art where I can really see the talent, time, thought and emotions that went into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment